Monday, 25 April 2016
SOFTWOODS TOP 5
- PINE-Pine is a softwood which grows in most areas of the Northern Hemisphere
- ASH-There are 16 species of ash of these, the white ash is the largest and most commercially important.
- HICKORY-There are 15 species of hickory in the eastern States, eight of which are commercially important
- BEECH-The American beech is a single species which grows in the eastern half of the United States.
- BIRCH-There are many species of birch. The yellow birch is the most commercially important
Monday, 11 April 2016
Thursday, 25 February 2016
There are 115 species of maple. Only 5 commercially important species grow in the U.S. Two of the five are hard rock maple and sugar maple.Maple is so hard and resistant to shocks that it is often used for bowling alley floors. Its diffuse evenly sized pores give the wood a fine texture and even grain. Maple that has a curly grain is often used for violin backs (the pattern formed is known as fiddleback figure). Burls, leaf figure, and birds-eye figures found in maple are used extensively for veneers. The Birds eye figure in maple is said to be the result of stunted growth and is quite rare.
Maple is used extensively for American colonial furniture, especially in medium and lower priced categories.It can also be stained to simulate cherry wood, which it resembles.
Thursday, 14 January 2016
-From carpets lifted to exposed gleaming floorboards
-Refinishing of all floors, colour service available
-Restoration of period wooden floors incl. finish of your choice
-Replacement boards sourced
-Gap filling service available
-Professional results guaranteed
-Free on-site measure, quote & advice.
-Payment required on satisfactory completion - your guarantee of a professional job
And many more ! Look at our website for more information !